Bangladesh Technical Education Board is an autonomous organization run under the strong supervision of Education Ministry. It has played very vital role to create skilled technical manpower development in Bangladesh.
It is established for setting the standard of practice and quality control in the technical education sector in Bangladesh especially arranging proper training for youth employment and that ensure their future in technological sectors.
It is also liable for organizing two public examinations SSC (vocational and HSC (BM) and other taking another 73 examinations on the basis of various curriculum and also proving approval of the newly established institutions and supervise where necessary for ensuring best quality education and assists for further development of all institutions underneath the Education board.
Activities of the board:
- The board arranges and developed all the learning materials and provides them to the respected institutions.
- They have the power to grant, suspend or withdrawal the connection of the institutions.
- The board prescribed the institutions in terms of their admission and transfer of students.
- They assist the institutions by inspecting their facilities and their practice.
- The board always monitor the teaching method and their activities whether they are following or neglecting. If they find any negligence they the right to take appropriate actions prescribed by the government.
- The education board conducts the examination and evaluate student’s performance on the basis of their exam and publish the results within a specified time period.
- They prepare transcript, certificate and distribute them to the students and grant diploma or higher diploma certificates to the candidate who is
- They act as arbitrator between teacher’s students and institutions and assist them if required.
The purpose of Bangladesh Technical Board:
- They are responsible for developing and prescribing courses to their registered or affiliated institutions because they want quality vocational education to all in the same umbrella.
- They prepare to learn materials and provide them to the students.
- If any institutions are planning to introduce their courses always the board expand their hands to them and sometimes they arrange a grant for the purpose of recognitions to those who are offering its courses.
- They are formulating guidelines for the admission of students and the conditions they have to follow if they want to transfer any students.
- They have the right to monitor the teaching method and learning activities to their affiliate institutions. If they make any mistakes they can take any action which is necessary to resolve the issues.
- They give permission to a new institution or signed agreement to make institutions as their affiliated and also provide them support where necessary.
If you need any query or want to established any vocational institutions or need affiliation by the Bangladesh Technical Board your can contact either by sending a letter to the designated address or you can visit in person.
The contact address of the board is as follows:
Bangladesh Technical Education Board
Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar
Dhaka – 1207, Bangladesh
Fax No: 880-02-8113345
E-mail : [email protected], [email protected]